Friday 7 October 2011

More bees!


I pictured this wild bees' nest in an earlier post back in June.

The bees have been active all summer, flying in and out every time I pass the nest. In the unseasonal hot weather we had earlier this week I looked closer and the nest seemed more active than ever, with a constant stream of bees flying in and out.



Today was much cooler and I visited about 5.30. Everything was quiet, with no sign of activity. But a picture taken through the entrance again shows that the nest has grown and is even more crowded. The bees were all still, waiting for a warmer time, I imagine. Have they stored enough honey to last them through the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly in a fairly compact area on the north-east side of Steyning in West Sussex, UK.

For a map of this area see My Home Patch